Since our launch in 2010, we’ve been actively working towards spreading awareness through our on-the-ground campaigns that engage the public in addressing the needs of patients and providing support for patients (and their families) through our dedicated programs.
Get a quick glimpse at some of the highlights over the past five years:
- June 11: One Wig Stand’s founder invited as a guest speaker at the Rose of Hope Luncheon for the Norma Pfriem Breast Center (Fairfield, Connecticut – U.S.A.)
- May 5: Let’s WhatsApp Session (Second): Chat for Children (Young Adults) of Cancer Patients with specialist Jihane Ghorayeb, PhD Researcher (University of Leeds U.K.)
- April 29-30: Lemonista Awareness Booth at AUB NGO Fair
- March 4: Let’s WhatsApp Session (First) Nutrition with specialist Diane Nicholas
- October 2014 – March 2015: Know 2 Beat: Cancer Awareness Competition among public schools – co-organizing alongside Faireface Association, Lebanese Breast Cancer Foundation and May Jallad Foundation.
- October 26-31: “Check Your Bumps” street intervention whereby eight street bumps in Achrafieh were painted pink to raise awareness and promote self-checking as preventative measure.
- October 19: Make the Cut Hair Donation Event at Beirut City Center
- May 4: A team of more than 70 runners sign up with and support One Wig Stand at the Women’s Race by the Beirut Marathon.
- October 19-20: Breast Cancer Blood Donation Drive with Donner Sang Compter (ABC Mall – Achrafieh)
- October (All Month): Charity-of-the-Month by Juice for Charity (Fundraising at: USJ, Bike for Charity and AUB)
- June 30: Make the Cut: Hair Donation Event (L’Oreal Professionnel Academy)
- May 18: Hair Donation Drive at the American Community School (ACS) Complimentary cuts and styling on-campus as part of the Make the Cut: Hair Donation Campaign.
- March 7: Hair Donation Drive at the American University of Beirut Complimentary cuts and styling on-campus as part of the Make the Cut: Hair Donation Campaign.
- May 26: NGO Team for Women’s Challenge by the Beirut Marathon (Beirut Waterfront)
- April 10: Participation in NGO Fair (AUB)
- December: Style Your Cut: Blogger’s Challenge Promo Project for Make the Cut: Hair Donation Campaign (Online)
- November 17: TEDxBeirut (UNESCO Palace) The NGO’s president and founder Loryne Atoui gave a heart-felt and intimate talk, entitled “Not Another Pink Ribbon”, sharing the (previously undisclosed) inspiration behind starting One Wig Stand and our need to start of a different conversation about breast cancer in our part of the world.
- October (All Month): Little “Big” Things You Can Do This October Online daily awareness campaign.
- October (All Month): Charity-of-the-Month by Cupcake Box
- February 29: Pecha Kucha Beirut: V.13 Presentation by Loryne Atoui, entitled “Taboo or Not Taboo?”, discussing taboos in our society following a survey of diverse topics and with a focus on that associated with cancer (and how to diminish it).
- December 21-22: Christmas Bra-zaar
- December 16: “Social Media Changing Lives” Conference Speaker on NGO Panel
- October 15-December 15: The “Look Good, Feel Good” Collection Hits Stores! (Across the Middle East) Stores selling the line include Galeries Lafayette, K-Lynn Lingerie, Cream, Sotra Boutique, La T-Shirterie, Maison Bo-m, Amuse Concept and Pink Dust.
- October 24: Bras for a Cause Middle East Fashion Show Click on link to view photos! (The Monarch Hotel – Dubai, The U.A.E.)
- September 29: Bras for a Cause Middle East Fashion Show Click on link to view photos! (Beirut Souks – Beirut, Lebanon)
- March 24: Twestival Beirut – Breast Cancer Fundraiser Check out our presentation and the pink wigs bloggers wore to support our cause! (Tawlet, Mar Mikhael)
- May 11: AUB Breast Cancer Awareness Event
- May 1: Zeid & the Wings Performers All performers wore colored wigs in support of One Wig Stand (Electro-Mecanique)