We’re excited to announce that the Bras for a Cause Middle East “Look Good, Feel Good” Collection has been distributed to different stores across the Middle East. The exciting Collection of Limited Edition Bras and T-Shirts will be available at the following fabulous department stores and high-end boutiques:
- Galeries Lafayette (Dubai)
- K-Lynn Lingerie (Lebanon, Kuwait and Dubai)
- Pink Dust (Amman, Jordan)
- Amuse Concept Store (Cairo, Egypt)
- Cream (Beirut and Jeddah, KSA)
- AuraB.com (Online Boutique)
- Maison Bo-m (Riyadh, KSA)
We had a chance to take a few photos of the first shops to display the pieces – more coming soon!
** Be sure to grab your favorites soon as quantities are limited and will only be on sale for a short period **
This past weekend, Spinneys promoted breast cancer awareness month across their shops in Lebanon through the distribution of informative flyers and ribbons to their shoppers with the main purpose of spreading the awareness message – to as many people as possible!
Thinking "Pink" at Spinneys, October 2011
It doesn’t get as simple as that yet it might serve just the right reminder needed to get checked. Shopping malls, hairdressers and grocery stores are the perfect hub for such awareness campaigns and we applaud Spinneys for launching this initiative.
We’d like to additionally thank Spinneys for helping us spread the word about sharing stories on One Wig Stand through their flyers. Sharing experiences of overcoming the disease will greatly benefit those going through it feel less alone and learn from each other how to cope better. We’re all ears! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information (all personal details are kept completely anonymous).
As October comes around each year, we’re reminded through pink ribbons, clever awareness campaigns and the marks of those who’ve been affected by breast cancer about the importance of early detection. Take a few minutes to learn about how to get checked (or teach someone) and show your support by attending any of these upcoming events dedicated to this cause:
Photo from K-Lynn's "Taking the K-Lynn Pledge" Campaign
- (October-December) Until the end of the year, the Breast Cancer Lebanon campaign will be offering mammograms free-of-charge and the breast ultrasound for 30,000LBP (if needed) at Public Hospitals. In Private Hospitals and Medical Centers, mammograms will be reduced in price to 40,000LBP and breast ultrasounds for 40,000LBP (if needed). Read more here.
- (Weekend of October 15-16) Spinneys‘ Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. Read more here.
- (October 10) SolidariTea Arabia’s “Big Pink Tea Party” is taking place at The Pavilion Downtown Dubai.
- (Running until October 15) Women of Heart is an exhibition dedicated to cancer fighters and survivors featuring the works of 50 artists from UAE.
- (October 15) A “Totally Fabulous Pink Bake-Off & BBQ” organized by Breast Cancer Arabia will be taking place from 1-5pm. Now the questions is, which of the 5 teams will make the best cakes? We’ll let the celebrity judges decide. Event taking place at the Park Hyatt Dubai.
Taking place on October 15th from 1-5pm at the Park Hyatt Dubai
- (October 21) Safe & Sound‘s annual “Pink Survivor Fashion Show“at BurJuman.
- (October 21) Breast Cancer Arabia‘s world record attempt to make the largest awareness ribbon. Come and make history! Meeting point: Meydan Grandstand. More information here.
- (October 24) Bras for a Cause Middle East‘s Dubai Fashion Show and Auction is taking place at The Monarch for one exciting evening of fashion, fun and fabulosity. Not to be missed. Get the full event information and where to grab your tickets here.
- (October 24) Get your sneakers ready nice and early for the “Pink Walkathon” with Safe & Sound
- (Throughout October) K-Lynn Lingerie is hosting “Taking the K-Lynn Pledge“ at their Dubai stores with a creative photo-booth reminding all women to get checked or encourage their loved ones to get checked.
- (Throughout October) Splash’s “Design a T-Shirt” Competition for anyone between the ages of 9 and 19 living in the UAE.
Dubai Events Resource: “Here’s how you can help” on Gulf News
Egypt Events Reource: Breast Cancer Foundation of Egypt
Know of any other interesting Breast Cancer awareness events taking place this month? Email us more information about the event(s) at: email@example.com to post here and share with others.
Breast cancer is harsh reality happening all around the world, but one that is experienced the hardest in countries, like Lebanon and the Middle East, where it’s still regarded as taboo. I came across this interesting article by Saudi Arabian blogger American Bedu who writes about various breast cancer initiatives in her country.
The following image was a sharp, but really effective way of approaching a predominantly woman’s disease in a male-dominated society:
Photo source: American Bedu (www.americanbedu.com)
“Breast cancer is the number one cancer among women in Saudi Arabia which is not caught in time and therefore fatal to them. That is a tragedy because if breast cancer is caught and treated early it is among the most curable of all cancers. Breast cancer is also perceived as the “Woman’s Disease” in Saudi Arabia. So with a slightly new twist, I look forward to how you contribute to this month’s “Use Your Imagination” with the story of Khalid here.” – American Bedu
++ Click here to read the full article ++
[tweetmeme source=”@OneWigStand” only_single=false]