As October comes around each year, we’re reminded through pink ribbons, clever awareness campaigns and the marks of those who’ve been affected by breast cancer about the importance of early detection. Take a few minutes to learn about how to get checked (or teach someone) and show your support by attending any of these upcoming events dedicated to this cause:
- (October-December) Until the end of the year, the Breast Cancer Lebanon campaign will be offering mammograms free-of-charge and the breast ultrasound for 30,000LBP (if needed) at Public Hospitals. In Private Hospitals and Medical Centers, mammograms will be reduced in price to 40,000LBP and breast ultrasounds for 40,000LBP (if needed). Read more here.
- (Weekend of October 15-16) Spinneys‘ Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. Read more here.
- (October 10) SolidariTea Arabia’s “Big Pink Tea Party” is taking place at The Pavilion Downtown Dubai.
- (Running until October 15) Women of Heart is an exhibition dedicated to cancer fighters and survivors featuring the works of 50 artists from UAE.
- (October 15) A “Totally Fabulous Pink Bake-Off & BBQ” organized by Breast Cancer Arabia will be taking place from 1-5pm. Now the questions is, which of the 5 teams will make the best cakes? We’ll let the celebrity judges decide. Event taking place at the Park Hyatt Dubai.
- (October 21) Safe & Sound‘s annual “Pink Survivor Fashion Show“at BurJuman.
- (October 21) Breast Cancer Arabia‘s world record attempt to make the largest awareness ribbon. Come and make history! Meeting point: Meydan Grandstand. More information here.
- (October 24) Bras for a Cause Middle East‘s Dubai Fashion Show and Auction is taking place at The Monarch for one exciting evening of fashion, fun and fabulosity. Not to be missed. Get the full event information and where to grab your tickets here.
- (October 24) Get your sneakers ready nice and early for the “Pink Walkathon” with Safe & Sound
- (Throughout October) K-Lynn Lingerie is hosting “Taking the K-Lynn Pledge“ at their Dubai stores with a creative photo-booth reminding all women to get checked or encourage their loved ones to get checked.
- (Throughout October) Splash’s “Design a T-Shirt” Competition for anyone between the ages of 9 and 19 living in the UAE.
- (October 29) “Pink Party for the Cure” will be raising awareness through the beats of Zumba.
- (October 27) “The Walk for the Cure/خطوات نحو الشفاء” will be the first public walkathon in Riyadh, including several activities.
Know of any other interesting Breast Cancer awareness events taking place this month? Email us more information about the event(s) at: email@example.com to post here and share with others.