Give yourself a chance to RELAX, REFLECT and RECONNECT with yourself (and others) through art.
ARTICHOKE STUDIO and ONE WIG STAND invite you to take part in a unique art therapy workshop to delve deeper into matters of importance to you and reshape your cancer experience.
“Art Therapy is a mental health profession in which clients, facilitated by the Art Therapist, use art media, the creative process, and the resulting artwork to explore their feelings, reconcile emotional conflicts, foster self-awareness, manage behavior and addictions, develop social skills, improve reality orientation, reduce anxiety, and increase self-esteem.” – American Art Therapy Association, 2015
Through art-making and intimate group discussions, the workshop aims to help each participant express her emotions, and gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of herself. In a playful and nonjudgmental environment, important issues will be tackled through different artistic mediums (such as drawings, collage, clay, etc.).
Sessions will be lead by Myra Saad – M.A. in Art Therapy & Mental Health Counseling.
The workshop will provide you an opportunity to:
- Relax, play and get distracted from any pain you may feel.
- Express any emotions that may be difficult to verbalize.
- Build your self-esteem and strengthen your body image.
- Cope better with stress, grief, fear, anxiety and depression.
- Become more self-aware of your emotions and needs.
- Communicate and interact more effectively with your family and surroundings.
- Connect with others who are going through or have been through a similar experience and find comfort, freedom and hope through this support network.
Keep in mind:
- No prior experience in art is required to take part in, or benefit from, art therapy.
- Confidentiality is highly respected.
- The sessions gradually build up on each other, creating a trusting and intimate atmosphere. It’s therefore important that the participants do their best to be on time and commit to all the 8 sessions.
- Comfortable clothes are recommended.
- If you’re not feeling particularly well during one of the session as a result of your treatment, you may take part at your own pace and do what makes you feel comfortable.
To register, please fill-in the following online registration form: Register here!
To find out more: email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us: 03-545281 or 79-158471