ARE YOU A BREAST CANCER PATIENTS OR SURVIVOR?
Give yourself a chance to RELAX, REFLECT and RECONNECT with yourself (and others) through art. “I never imagined the amount of information that would come out of a small drawing on paper. It was amazing how much did come out of that.. I was given insight that I wasn’t aware of, which gave me a sense of empowerment, and then I was able to make the decision that I wanted to from that.” – Patricia, Breast Cancer Patient (Source)
“Art Therapy is a mental health profession in which clients, facilitated by the Art Therapist, use art media, the creative process, and the resulting artwork to explore their feelings, reconcile emotional conflicts, foster self-awareness, manage behavior and addictions, develop social skills, improve reality orientation, reduce anxiety, and increase self-esteem.” – American Art Therapy Association, 2015
Through art-making and intimate group discussions, the workshop aims to help each participant express her emotions, and gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of herself. In a playful and nonjudgmental environment, important issues will be tackled through different artistic mediums (such as drawings, collage, clay, etc.) over a course of 8 sessions.
The workshop will provide you an opportunity to:
- Relax, play and get distracted from any pain you may feel.
- Express any emotions that may be difficult to verbalize.
- Build your self-esteem and strengthen your body image.
- Cope better with stress, grief, fear, anxiety and depression.
- Become more self-aware of your emotions and needs.
- Communicate and interact more effectively with your family and surroundings.
- Connect with others who are going through or have been through a similar experience and find comfort, freedom and hope through this support network.
Sessions will be lead by Myra Saad – M.A. in Art Therapy & Mental Health Counseling. No prior experience in art is required to take part in, or benefit from, art therapy. Confidentiality is highly respected.
WORKSHOP DETAILS The workshop will start in March and will take place once per week over 8 weeks.
- Time: TUES: 6:30pm – 9pm OR FRI: 9:30am – 12pm (to be set based on majority preference)
- Location: Artichoke Studio, Sin el-Fil
- Fee: $145 for 8 sessions (includes cost of art materials)
Deadline for Registrations: Friday March 6, 2015
ABOUT US ARTICHOKE STUDIO is committed to providing art therapy for individuals, groups and communities seeking mental health and self-development, based on high professional and ethical standards. www.artichokestudio.org
ONE WIG STAND is a breast cancer awareness and support non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness among young women through its engaging campaigns and targeted support programs for patients and their families. www.onewigstand.org
For more information, please contact: 03-545281 or 79-158471