Breast Cancer Yoga and Diana Ross, E-RYT500 and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga wants you to feel balanced and stable on your journey in life and for good health; and yoga is one of the best ways to achieve this.
“Tree pose is just the pose to teach us how to bring balance back into our life while toning the muscles of the legs. This particular pose is a wonderful challenge, and over time it will build tremendous inner and outer strength. Tree Pose can be lots of fun too.” – Diana Ross
After practicing Tree Pose with a chair you may want to try the pose without the chair. Now this is the real challenge for balancing.
- Improves balance and stability in the legs.
- Helps in balancing the thoughts of the mind by way of focus.
- On a metaphysical level, helps one to achieve balance in other aspects of life.
- Strengthens the ligaments and tendon of the feet.
- Strengthens and tones the entire standing leg, up to the buttocks.
- Assists the body in establishing pelvic stability.
- Strengthen the bones of the hips and legs due to the weight-bearing nature of the pose.
- Builds self-confidence and esteem.
- Stand at the back of the chair with your left side closest to the chair. Place your left hand to the back of your chair.
- Take a moment to root your energy down into your left leg. Take your right foot inside the left leg. Try by the ankle first. Then try other positions, move the foot further up the inside of the leg. Don’t place on knee.
- Continue to extend energy down like a tap root into the earth with the standing leg. INHALE, right arm up overhead and feel the energy move in both directions (skyward and earth).
- Stay in the pose and breathe for 4/5 full breaths.
- EXHALE, release the arm and then release the leg.
- Turn to other side. Repeat.
The yoga poses and images shared in this feature are copyright of Diana Ross and Breast Cancer Yoga. For more information, visit the Breast Cancer Yoga and their page on Facebook. Check out some of their easy to learn videos on Youtube.