Try this: Rustic Date and Rosemary Rolls
“One of the sweetest natural treats you can have is the date” shares Lisa of Pink Kitchen. And no doubt, in our part of the world, dates are a favorite treat! Whether they’re eaten on their own (usually, with nuts in their pits) or included in seasonal desserts, dates perform double duty by also offering numerous health benefits.
“Dates contain many important minerals such as iron, potassium, and copper, as well as antioxidants. They are an excellent source of fiber. However, it is best to eat dates in moderation due to their high fruit sugar content.” Lisa elaborates. In one of her latest recipes, she shows us how dates are not just for desserts and can be served with a meal that includes a complete protein to form a healthy balance.
Rustic Date and Rosemary Rolls by Pink Kitchen
- 1 recipe of Pink Kitchen’s Rustic Roman Bread
- 2 large sprigs of rosemary
- 1 c. pitted dates
Prepare dough according to recipe – but before letting it rise, follow the directions below:
- Chop dates into small pieces.
- Remove rosemary leaves from stems. Discard stems. Chop rosemary leaves.
- Gently mix dates and rosemary leaves into prepared dough.
- Place dough onto baking tray in balls, approximately 2-3 ” in diameter. (These do not have to be perfectly round – remember, you are making rustic bread!)
- Bake according to bread dough directions, EXCEPT – time will be much shorter than it would be for a whole loaf of bread. Check after 20 minutes.
We don’t know about you, but we’re getting hungry just reading this. Try it out and let us know how you like it – sahtein!